Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Foreigner

Accepting the invitation of Jesus Christ to the great feast can be lonely 

Foreigner

I haven't heard this word discussed in awhile in christian groups, so I thought I'd blog about it :)

I remember in earlier years, which I refer to as B.C. (Before Christ), I used to answer questions like these with ease:
"What did you do this weekend?"; "Did you go out?"; "Who are you dating?"; "What is he like?" <- and unfortunately with this one, they were not referring to his personality.

A.C. (After Christ) these questions were not....well, easy to answer.  They were startling and rather shocking because I thought my responses to these questions would be different than majority of the responses of my peers (which they were).  I did not want to be different from my friends or my family members that I was so close too.

But the truth of the matter was, I was different, am different.

"Behold if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has past and the new has come" 2 Corinthians 5:17

"And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." Galatians 5:24

I was, and am 'born again' with a new spirit, God's Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14) to walk in newness of life, not in the old manner in which I used to live.

After awhile, it became easy to answer these questions...I really began to believe, the more I read the Word, of my new identity in Jesus Christ.  For example, someone would ask me:

"What did you do this weekend?"

My Response:  I went to three bible studies and spent hours in prayer with the love of my life, Jesus Christ. (HUGE SMILE)

I knew I was different, apart of a group called the 'peculiar people' (1 Peter 2:9).

But sometimes, I GET TIRED of being different because it is lonely. period
I love Jesus and everything to me is about Jesus.
I get called weird, radical, different, you name it..

but the reason I get tired is because I am looking for a 'home', a place where
I am understood on this Earth.  The major problem with this search is this is not my home.
The kingdom I belong to is not of this world.
As Paul says, "my citizenship is in heaven" Phil. 3:20
and the second part of that verse says:
we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ

that is where my hope and longing should be for

Holy Spirit, direct my heart into the hope of deep longing and waiting for Jesus
where I will find my home and no longer be a foreigner

1 comment: